Welcome

Hello, my name is Johnny and I am a straight 16 year old guy in Los Angeles. I feel very strongly on the subject of gay rights.

I named my blog "That's So Happy" because the phrase "That's so gay" is thrown around a lot. The word "gay" means happy. So what you're really saying is "That's So Happy." I hope one day this will be true.

Whether you are for or against gay rights, I urge you to leaf through the site and see the views of someone who truly cares about this issue.

I would like to ask you not to post any offensive comments.

If you have questions, comments, concerns, suggestions for topics...anything, don't hesitate to email me at jlazebnik@gmail.com.

Enjoy.

February 28, 2010

GLBT...Q?

Often I wonder about the letter Q.

Why, you ask?

My wondering or your inquiry is ironic, because Q stands for Questioning.

The acronym GLBT (Gay Lesbian Bisexual Trans___) is used a lot. However, sometimes that Q is tacked on.

What's it doing there?

Some people believe that people who question their sexuality should be included in the acronym.

I'm not sure how I feel. If you read my earlier posts, you know I believe that about 80% of us question our sexuality seriously, and everyone doubts it at some point in their lives.

But does that Q belong in the slogan?

I'm not altogether sure.

On one hand, I think there should definitely be more support for people who are questioning--sometimes not completely knowing can be even harder than being definitely straight or bisexual or gay.

On the other hand, it doesn't really qualify--most people who go through these crises end up being with someone of the opposite gender. So who knows.

What do you think? Comment, please. And,

Stay happy.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Well, Q can also stand for queer, which basically means "not straight".

    As for including Q-for-questioning, first-off, even if you end up with someone of the opposite gender, that doesn't mean that you are straight.

    Secondly, maybe if there were more support for questioning folks, more would be true to themselves (were they actually gay, bi, etc) instead of going for a hetrosexual relationship.

    And thirdly, I am of the opinion that sexuality is fluid, and one can be in a same-sex place, and then move along to a heterosexual place.

    Yes, questioning should be included.
    :)
    Love the blog!

    ~Whimsy

    ReplyDelete