Welcome

Hello, my name is Johnny and I am a straight 16 year old guy in Los Angeles. I feel very strongly on the subject of gay rights.

I named my blog "That's So Happy" because the phrase "That's so gay" is thrown around a lot. The word "gay" means happy. So what you're really saying is "That's So Happy." I hope one day this will be true.

Whether you are for or against gay rights, I urge you to leaf through the site and see the views of someone who truly cares about this issue.

I would like to ask you not to post any offensive comments.

If you have questions, comments, concerns, suggestions for topics...anything, don't hesitate to email me at jlazebnik@gmail.com.

Enjoy.

February 6, 2010

The Right to Choose

I was thinking about my political beliefs, and realizing that most of my principles revolved around a singular ideal:

The right to choose.

I am pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-coexistence of religions...etc.

I think that people should always have the right to choose what they want.

I understand why people oppose abortion- to them, it's killing babies. But I think that forcing a fourteen year old girl who got raped,has an abusive father, and not enough money be a mother to a child is downright awful.

Also, abortion is all about saving that baby's life. What do you think will happen to that baby? He/she will probably grow up with a mother who's in school, possibly end up in a gang, maybe kill themselves...making the whole thing irrelevant.

But I digress from gay rights.

Basically, I fight for the right for gay people to choose to be married. If a law allowing it passes, it does not mean that suddenly all the straight people in the world have to marry someone of the same sex, or even that all gay lovers have to get married.

No, it just gives people the right to choose if they are ready to make that commitment.

Which is completely up to them, in my opinion, to decide.

Thank you for listening to my rants.

Stay happy.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment