Welcome

Hello, my name is Johnny and I am a straight 16 year old guy in Los Angeles. I feel very strongly on the subject of gay rights.

I named my blog "That's So Happy" because the phrase "That's so gay" is thrown around a lot. The word "gay" means happy. So what you're really saying is "That's So Happy." I hope one day this will be true.

Whether you are for or against gay rights, I urge you to leaf through the site and see the views of someone who truly cares about this issue.

I would like to ask you not to post any offensive comments.

If you have questions, comments, concerns, suggestions for topics...anything, don't hesitate to email me at jlazebnik@gmail.com.

Enjoy.

February 21, 2010

And Tango Makes Three

If you haven't heard of this book, look it up. It is probably one of my favorites of all time.

And Tango Makes Three is a picture book about two gay penguins in a zoo (based off a true story!) that make a nest and can't seem to figure out why they can't make an egg. So, the zookeeper gives them and egg and soon they have a cute little baby penguin (Tango!). They live happily as a family.

Cute, right?

This innocent picture book was the most challenged book in America for two years.

TWO YEARS.

People just weren't comfortable with the idea of a happy gay family of PENGUINS. Imagine how much these people aren't comfortable with the idea of a gay famiy of PEOPLE. It's actually absurd.

At any rate, walk into a Barnes and Noble or somewhere and read it for a little while. It will put a smile on your face, guaranteed. And give it to any kid who is near you to read, too. Let's inspire this next generation to do the right thing.

So enjoy reading, and

Stay happy.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment