Welcome

Hello, my name is Johnny and I am a straight 16 year old guy in Los Angeles. I feel very strongly on the subject of gay rights.

I named my blog "That's So Happy" because the phrase "That's so gay" is thrown around a lot. The word "gay" means happy. So what you're really saying is "That's So Happy." I hope one day this will be true.

Whether you are for or against gay rights, I urge you to leaf through the site and see the views of someone who truly cares about this issue.

I would like to ask you not to post any offensive comments.

If you have questions, comments, concerns, suggestions for topics...anything, don't hesitate to email me at jlazebnik@gmail.com.

Enjoy.

February 27, 2010

Showing Support

Gay rights can be a tricky subject to support.

If you are a white person protesting for black rights (earlier in the century, maybe), no one is going to brand you as black.

If you are pushing for AIDS awareness, no one is going to accuse you of having AIDS.

If you join a GSA, or show avid support for gay rights, often this leads to calling someone calling you gay.

I think that this is the prime reason more progress hasn't been made. People don't like to show support for something unless they know that they are not taking any chance by supporting it. So, people with long-time boyfriends or girlfriends will join, or married teachers.

Logically, it should follow that people who are confident of being straight should be the first to join. For some reason, this is not the case. Straight people, no matter how confident they are, rarely show support.

This is evident in the fact that 20 people have responded to my poll, but only 9 people publicly follow this blog. For however many people answered the poll, I'm sure many more people have looked at it.

Maybe it's because they just don't like the blog. Or maybe not.

People need to man up. To often in history we see examples of atrocities being committed in front of our eyes, while we sit and watch because we are scared for our own well-being.

In Nazi Germany, if you stood up for the rights of Jews, you could get killed.

If you stand up for gay rights, you could be called gay.

People still stood up for Jews. Do the same for gay people.

And always,

Stay happy.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment