Welcome

Hello, my name is Johnny and I am a straight 16 year old guy in Los Angeles. I feel very strongly on the subject of gay rights.

I named my blog "That's So Happy" because the phrase "That's so gay" is thrown around a lot. The word "gay" means happy. So what you're really saying is "That's So Happy." I hope one day this will be true.

Whether you are for or against gay rights, I urge you to leaf through the site and see the views of someone who truly cares about this issue.

I would like to ask you not to post any offensive comments.

If you have questions, comments, concerns, suggestions for topics...anything, don't hesitate to email me at jlazebnik@gmail.com.

Enjoy.

February 27, 2010

Bight Me.

In GSA recently, a bisexual girl said:

"I don't think bi-sexual is the right term for me. I find girls attractive, but I lean more toward the straight side."

She decided she was "stri."

I said, no, you're "bight."

I like it. It has a certain, well, bite to it.

At any rate, I think it shines a light on something.

Someone once said something around the lines of: "About 10% of people are completely gay. Around 10% of people are completely straight. The rest of us are somewhere in the middle."

The Kinsey Scale, developed primarily by Alfred Kinsey, dictates these ideas, representing them in a graph.

For more information, go to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

Anyways, this means that 80% of the population doubts their sexuality at one or multiple points in their lives.

Hell, I think that stretches out into the 20% of people who are confident, too.

If you're a guy and you think, "wow, those guys' legs look good today," or if you're a girl and you think, "I wonder what my best friend would look like in her underwear," usually you then confront yourself and have a battle. This either turns out in:

a) HOLY CRAP I'M GAY.
b) That was a one time thing. I'm tired. I didn't get much sleep last night. Yeah, that was probably it. Plus I had that weird drink at lunch and I've been feeling weird since.
c) Ah well, life goes on. I'm still straight.
d) Tons of sleepless nights.

I think there is none of these are the correct answer. Some of them aren't even answers, just battles to try to achieve an answer.

But take comfort in that you aren't the only one. There probably more than 5 billion people who have felt the exact same way.

You are never alone. So

Stay happy.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment