Welcome

Hello, my name is Johnny and I am a straight 16 year old guy in Los Angeles. I feel very strongly on the subject of gay rights.

I named my blog "That's So Happy" because the phrase "That's so gay" is thrown around a lot. The word "gay" means happy. So what you're really saying is "That's So Happy." I hope one day this will be true.

Whether you are for or against gay rights, I urge you to leaf through the site and see the views of someone who truly cares about this issue.

I would like to ask you not to post any offensive comments.

If you have questions, comments, concerns, suggestions for topics...anything, don't hesitate to email me at jlazebnik@gmail.com.

Enjoy.

February 3, 2010

Life is Short

If all of my other posts fail to convince you of anything, I hope this one rings true:

LIFE IS SHORT.

In my opinion, life is too short for unnecessary unhappiness!

I have thought occasionally about seeing the other side of things, that, well, maybe marriage really is just a bond that should occur between a man and a woman. But then I think:

Why should I devastate families and loved ones for the sake of a title?

Why should I deny a lifetime of happiness to a people who need it just to give me a moment of satisfaction, if even that?

Basically, life is too short for us to infringe on other people's happiness. In the grand scheme of things, we are so small and insignificant. Our lives only last 80ish years. Why should that small amount of time be depressing for anyone?

No one deserves that.

No one should have to be miserable for the small amount of time we have.

So I urge you to make the choice to grant people their right to marry, which, though it may be against your principles, will give someone a lifetime of happiness.

Stay happy.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment