Welcome

Hello, my name is Johnny and I am a straight 16 year old guy in Los Angeles. I feel very strongly on the subject of gay rights.

I named my blog "That's So Happy" because the phrase "That's so gay" is thrown around a lot. The word "gay" means happy. So what you're really saying is "That's So Happy." I hope one day this will be true.

Whether you are for or against gay rights, I urge you to leaf through the site and see the views of someone who truly cares about this issue.

I would like to ask you not to post any offensive comments.

If you have questions, comments, concerns, suggestions for topics...anything, don't hesitate to email me at jlazebnik@gmail.com.

Enjoy.

April 17, 2010

Marriage Boycott

I recently saw an ad on Facebook that said something along the lines of:

"Gay people can't get married, so let's not get married and wear rings to show our support!"

To me, this seems stupid and faulty. It's sort of like cutting off your nose to spite your face. We're trying to gain marriage rights for everyone, not take them away from more people.

This is my theory as to what a conversation between two Supreme Court justices would sound like:

"A whole bunch of people aren't getting married in support of gay rights."
"Oh, sucks for those people."

Let's be honest here. While calling attention to gay rights, I suppose, you're not really helping the situation by boycotting marriage. The people who are opposed to gay marriage are just going to think, "Hey, those stupid gays are ruining marriage for straight people too, now!" "Yeah, stupid homos."

That helps no one.

I know we can find a better way to make a statement. This is not the right path.

If you know what that path should be, then say something. For America. For them. For liberty and justice for all.

Stay happy.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment